Apple is probably the biggest and most recognised tech companies in the world. It releases new and innovative products every year but like most companies it started small and had a few problems along the way.
Here are some interesting and astonishing facts that you may never had known about Apple:
- The company was founded on April Fool’s day in 1976 by three CEO’s, Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne and Steve Wozniak
- While the company was new and needed investments, Steve Wozniak sold his Intel Calculator and Steve Jobs sold his Ford car to raise equity
- Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs previously worked together at Atari before starting Apple
- When Ronald Wayne left the company he sold his shares for only 800 Dollars
- The company is now worth billions of dollars. It can easily gobble up the market capital of Disney, Anheuser – Busch, Intel, and Ford combined
- Apple has enough cash reserves to send each US citizen a check for $350
- If Apple were to report a GDP among countries, it would be ranked the 52nd country to have the highest GDP rate
- The original Apple depicts the moment an apple fell on Newton’s head
- The first computer Apple produced by the name of Lisa was a failure and around 11,000 pieces were disposed of, each with a retail value of 10,000 Dollars
- Despite launching the first mainstream laptop Apple only has 10% share of the global laptop sales
- It is also the first company to have introduced a mouse and a track pad for computers
- The company also produced a line of printers but when Steve Jobs discontinued this product line when he rejoined the company in 1996
- Apple’s first tag line was, “byte into the Apple”
- 39% of the total revenue stream comes from the sales of iPhones for Apple every year
- Steve Jobs was a keen practitioner of Zen Buddhism which may have influenced the minimalist style of Apple products.
Muhammad Azam is a blogger, freelance writer and journalist. He writes extensively in the gadget and technology market. He’s published many about various topics and for various respectable brands such as http://uk.protectyourbubble.com who are a specialist insurer of gadgets and mobile phone cover.